Thursday, February 10, 2011

2

Subject: fear, happiness, and beauty!
Wednesday, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:06pm

Found your card on the yellow line on Sunday. I almost didn’t pick it up, but I’m glad I did!

Since it’s on my mind, I’ll tell you what I’m most afraid of, at least right now: I’m afraid I’ll never be happy because I seem to always find something wrong with whatever situation I’m in. I’m afraid I’ll never realize my greatest potential or the power held within the body and mind I’ve been given.

But since I don’t want this all to be sad, I’ll also tell you what makes me happy: seeing an elderly couple holding hands as they amble down the sidewalk, homemade meals with good company, thoughtful conversations with people I’ve just met, feeling - really feeling - what someone else is going through and being able to help, learning something new that changes the way you see the world.

And lastly, here’s a piece of beauty (attached).

Thanks for doing what you’re doing and please don’t give up!

- A No-Longer-Estranged Stranger



________________________________________________________________________________________

The song was actually sent to me as an mp3, but I haven't figured out how to upload mp3s to Blogger.  Hmm, I'll have to look into that.  Other than that, THANK YOU.  This person gets it.  Let's keep this going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment